Dear Club Families,
We hope you and your family are doing well during this difficult time. We miss all of our members and wanted to provide you with an update on our plans to reopen.
The Boys & Girls Club of Greater Derry will be reopening on June 15th under a new Covid-19 program model, as required to comply with the guidelines laid out in the Governor’s executive order “Stay at Home 2.0 Childcare”. The program model, which was designed to protect our members and staff, leaves us no choice but to limit the number of spaces available, shorten the hours of operation and dramatically increase our summer fees. Please understand that even with all of these changes the program will not generate enough revenue to cover our expenses. Although we expect to run the summer program for ten consecutive weeks the ending date will be based on the fall school calendar once it has been released.
What you should know:
● Our program will run on Mondays – Fridays from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
● We will only be serving members who will be entering the 1st – 6th grade in the fall.
● All past amounts due must be paid in full in order to sign up.
● The fee is $175 per week and you must commit to paying for all ten weeks. There is no daily option.
● You will be required to provide credit card information and we will charge your card $175 every Monday for the following program week regardless of your child’s attendance. (For example: your card will be charged on June 8th for the week of June 15th-19th. Full payments for the entire summer can be made by credit card)
● Parents and visitors will not be allowed to enter the building or outdoor program areas. All financial transactions will be conducted by phone.
● Drop-off will be between 8:00 and 9:00 AM every morning and daily health screenings will be completed at your vehicle.
● Children can be picked up at any time before 5:00 PM. There will be a staff member outside to greet parents/guardians pulling up in cars between 4:00PM-5:00PM. Please stay in the car and the staff member will locate your child for you. If you arrive before 4:00PM please call the office and your child or children will be escorted to you in the parking lot. Late arrival is not an option.
● We will be following CDC and DHHS guidelines for cleaning and disinfecting the facility and equipment.
● Health screenings, which will include a temperature check and health questions, will be completed on members and staff before they enter the building every morning.
● Members will be kept in segregated small groups and groups will remain together throughout the summer. Group sizes may be increased as state restrictions are eased.
● Frequent handwashing, social distancing and other safety measures will be stressed.
Signup are on a first come, first serve basis.
If you are interested in securing a spot please email Kimberly Trull at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 434-6695.
We wish we could offer you a better option but this is the only way we can meet the requirements that are conditional for us to open our doors. Be safe and let’s hope the restrictions can ease soon.